About the terms
Access to and use of Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) both within Malawi and internationally is provided by Nation Publications Limited (NPL). Users of the site may see some advertising on certain pages which is provided on the following terms:
1. By using Nation Online (www.mwnation.com), you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the website. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms, please do not access, use and/or contribute to Nation Online (mwnation.com).
2. NPL may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on Nation Online (www.mwnation.com), including house rules, then the latter shall prevail.
Use of Nation Online
3. You agree to use Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the website. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within Nation Online (www.mwnation.com).
4. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on Nation Online (www.mwnation.com)and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in NPL. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) content requires the prior written permission of NPL.
5. The names, images and logos identifying Nation Online (www.mwnation.com), NPL and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) and NPL. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) or NPL.
Contributions to Nation Online (www.mwnation.com)
6. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with Nation Online (www.mwnation.com), you agree to grant to Nation Online, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) and NPL. You must ensure your contribution is lawful and not offensive and in accordance to NPL rules and regulations. In certain circumstances, Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) may also share your contribution with trusted third parties.
7. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
8. In order that Nation Online (www.mw nation.com) can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any Malawi laws, that you have the right to give Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
9. We normally show your name with your contribution, unless you request otherwise, but for operational reasons this is not always possible. Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your contribution, or in relation to particular projects
10. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with NPL.
11. If you do not want to grant NPL the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with Nation Online (www.mwnation.com).
Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) communities
13. You agree to use Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) communities (including message boards) in accordance with the following Community Rules. These apply across all Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) community sites and services. You should, however, read the local house rules of the particular site or service you’re using, as there may be some local variations to these Community Rules.
(i) About your posts:
Contributions must be civil and tasteful .
No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) community.
No spamming or off-topic material: we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don’t re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
No advertising or promoting.
No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
URLs (web site addresses) can only be posted if allowed under any relevant local house rules.
Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account.
(ii) Your Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) account:
If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
NPL reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple Nation Online (www.mw nation.com) accounts.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) in any Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) community.
(iv) Legal requirements:
You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programmes or audio.
Contributing material to a Nation Online (www.mw nation.com) community with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
You agree to submit to or share with Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) communities only contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
(v) If you’re under 16:
Please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before taking part in any Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) community.
Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school, telephone number, your full name, home address or email address).
(vi) If you breach these Community Rules:
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules (and/or any variations in relevant local house rules) when taking part in a Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) community, you will be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include any content posted by you being checked before allowed to go on the site or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) community areas.
If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content to or with any Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) communities or anywhere else on Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on Nation Online (www.mwnation.com), and the Nation Online (www.mw nation.com) considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, NPL may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement(s).
NPL reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) account, at any time, for any reason.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
15. The majority of content posted in Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) communities is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) or NPL. Neither Nation Online (www.mw nation.com) nor NPL are responsible for any content posted by members of the public on Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through Nation Online (www.mwnation.com). Any links to third party websites from Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) do not amount to any endorsement of that site by Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) or NPL.
16. Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Nation Online (www.mw nation.com) and/or NPL, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” (without warranty of any kind) and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis.
17. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes Nation Online’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) and NPL shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Nation Online (www.mwnation.com) regardless of the form of action.
18. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
19. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
20. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malawi which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.